Thursday 16 February 2012

Once upon a time,

Hi,

Let me tell you all about how Romantaque was born!

When I was doing my Post graduation, a female relative was going through typical symptoms of post-menopausal blues. Her life literally ‘paused’. In addition to other menopausal symptoms she realized that a couple of thick and dark hairs were growing on her chin. The more she tried to hide or remove those, the more stubbornly they kept coming back; as if with vengeance, thicker, longer and worse, more in numbers!
How much ever she tried to hide them, they attracted lot of attention from all the people. Some people just stared at the stubbles, some pointed fingers and giggled, and some of the friends gave unsolicited advice cum criticism about her lifestyle and various beauty treatments.

Clueless about the right treatment she kept trying every possible method to get rid of them….but to no avail, they persistently kept coming back. She retracted into a shell, started avoiding contact with people as much as possible. This lead to her making silliest kinds of mistakes. She started adding salt to tea instead of sugar. She started forgetting that the stove is on fire, and charring the rice though she was standing in front of it. Her going in to shell did not solve the situation, but was a small respite that she could manage in the pain.

It was extremely painful for me to watch a vivacious, confidant and young lady turn into a meek mouse, worried all the time. I thought I must do something about it.

It was a shear stroke serendipity that gave me the idea, about this particular active that I thought should be effective in stopping hair growth. Being a novice, I simply started working on the concept. Like an enthusiastic dreamy college student I expected that with a few applications the hair should vanish and never come back again. J

 Oooops! It did not work that way!

Disappointed, disenchanted and frustrated; now I thought it was idiotic to even think that hair growth can ever be even delayed.  Though I shrugged and moved on in my life, that vicarious pain was buried deep in my heart and it kept pinching me all the time.

One fine day I realized that the skin patch I had treated with my experimental magic potion was ‘actually’ growing less no of hair, which is thinner and lighter than the rest of the skin.
Oh my God! My magic potion was working! Equally enthusiastic about this ‘find’, my hubby joined me in this dream of developing it into a technologically backed, safe and effective product and of reaching out to as many ladies as possible.

We pledged all our life-savings, our careers to this Technology. After almost 9-10 years of a roller-coaster ride of testing and trials, product launch and refinements, patents and awards, we will be launching shortly, the product “Romantaque” for you.

By the way in 2011, our technology won DST Lockheed Martin India Innovation Award organized by Department  of Science and Technology (Government  of India), Lockheed Martin Corporation of  United States of America , FICCI and IC2- University of Texas.
So now the stage is set for Romantaque!

Mrinmayee Bhushan

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are eager to listen to you. Do write to us. We shall implement as much we can agree to. Certainly your say matters to us.